Beat the January Blues!
At this time of year, when the holidays are over and it’s back to work, the last thing you need is to be weather beaten by the wind, rain and cold.
Choose from our wonderful Barbour collection to keep you warm, dry and styled all the way through to spring.
Inspired by the British Countryside, Barbour produces exquisite quality clothing and footwear. This strong reputation makes it one of the most instantly recognisable brands in the world.
Barbour is steeped in tradition, yet is continuing to evolve with modern demands, and with so many different styles of jackets to choose from it can be a challenge to pick the right one for your needs. Here at John Norris we are pleased to present a brief guide to choosing your jackets, whether it is comfort and durability or fashion and style at the forefront of your choices.
We've also highlighted some of our favourite Barbour items below. If you'd like to see the rest of our Barbour collection, click this link - The John Norris Barbour Collection.
Fabric and finishes
- Waxed cotton – Wax cotton jackets are renowned for their quality, durability and style. There are various wax finishes but each of them share the same waterproof properties and a smooth finish. You can either go for the country-inspired look or a more contemporary design.
- Diamond quilting – Quilting is a popular design seen in many jackets and liners and provides reliable insulation. You can wear a quilted jacket on its own, or alternatively zipping a quilted liner into a waxed cotton jacket transforms it into a coat which offers complete weather protection. Diamond quilting elevates the style of a jacket into something more elegant. The Barbour Powell Polarquilt jacket has a box-quilted outer with 50g wadding and super-insulating fleece lining yet remains super stylish.
- Wool – Wool has natural wicking and warming properties and is a feature in some Barbour coats and jackets.
- Tartan – The Barbour tartan in the soft cotton linings of jackets and coats creates the signature Barbour look. The Barbour Ladies New Classic Beadnell wax jackets feature the tartan look in the classic colourway.
Themes and styles
- Country and classic – If you want the best all year round jacket with the classic, traditional Barbour look and feel, then choose the Ladies New Classic Beadnell Wax jacket with its waxed cotton outer lined with classic tartan and corduroy collar or the men’s Classic Beaufort Wax Jacket.
- Sporting – If you still want the traditional look but are mainly interested in how it performs in the field, then the Barbour Bransdale Waterproof jacket is the perfect choice. It is one of the best shooting jackets with excellent freedom of movement and total weather protection. Or choose the Barbour Berwick jacket which has all the key features you would expect from a great shooting jacket.
- Rainy Day – A good jacket for those wet and rainy days is a must-have. Men can try the Barbour Gosforth jacket which offers water protection with a breathable cotton lining, detachable hood, a double storm front fastening and inner wind cuffs. Ladies can try the Barbour Collingwood jacket which is styled for a Parka look but also provides reliable water protection.
This is a new take on the ladies Beadnell jacket. It is ideal for all year round wear and can either be layered up over knitwear or worn on its own.
|Barbour Bransdale Waterproof Jacket|
When the rain begins to pour, this versatile men’s shooting jacket is the perfect accompaniment. It is crafted with a lightweight yet durable outer which allows for unrestricted movement.
|Barbour Classic Beaufort Wax Jacket|
This classic wax jacket has remained the most iconic Barbour waxed jacket. This versatile jacket is tough enough to brave the great outdoors with a 6oz Sylkoil outer.
|Barbour Ladies Cavalry Polarquilt|
This jacket is made from Barbour’s signature Polarquilt, which is lightweight but super warm, making it ideal for those colder winter months.
|Barbour Gamlan Waterproof Half Zip Sweater|
This stylish and versatile jumper makes for an ideal winter layering piece to throw over a shirt or a top when you require extra warmth and protection from the rain. It is knitted in merino wool and coated in Teflon for quick-drying performance.
|Barbour Amble Neoprene Lined Wellington Boots|
Both the Men’s and Ladies Amble Wellington boots offer superb comfort for wearing outdoors with the guarantee that your feet will also stay dry.