Join Our Team
Exciting Opportunity - Retail Store Manager
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced Retail Manager with a passion for the outdoors and an interest and knowledge of Game Fishing and Game Shooting.
Alternatively if you are an experienced retail manager and interested in learning our trade, we have a fantastic in-house training programme that includes one-to-one technical product training from our Pro team and representatives from leading brands in the Fly Fishing and Game Shooting market, such as Barbour, Guideline, Schoffel.
We will invest our time and knowledge of over 45 years in the business to train you on all products and our operating systems.
If you have the relevant experience in a retail management with a genuine passion for those you work with and those you serve then this is an opportunity not to be missed. If you’re motivated by putting a smile on a customer’s face and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, John Norris of Penrith could be the place for you.
What you’ll be doing as a Manager:
- Lead, support, manage and motivate your team to ensure that our customers have a great retail experience in our store.
- Maintain the store to keep it full, clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure the Team is trained and qualified to perform their tasks effectively
- Cashiering, including cash handling, card transactions and processing gift card purchases.
- Maintaining retail standards.
- Welcoming customers and assisting them as required.
- Building long-term relationships with customers.
What will help you succeed as a Manager:
- Previous experience of managing your own department or store.
- Able to demonstrate true customer service skills
- Eager to support and contribute to the wider team
- Great communication skills
- Work with energy, pace and passion
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Able to demonstrate that you’re passionate about country pursuits and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
You’ll need to be flexible to support our busiest times, which can include weekday and weekend work, as well as public holidays.
Please email: email@example.com for more information.