Brand: New Zealand Strike Indicator Co
This specially sourced and dyed natural wool works extremely well in a variety of conditions. This particular wool has been specially selected because of it's wiry, water-shedding properties that allow a perfect float cast after cast. This New Zealand Indicator Wool material provides a “no-spook” landing and presentation. It fills the indicator sleeve perfectly and can be trimmed to the size you want.
Colours: Mixed, Lime, Orange.
To the attentive fisherman it provides the ultimate solution for a perfect presentation to difficult fish. Even the most “educated” trout will not spook with this indicator material - especially when the indicator is trimmed to suit the conditions. On spring creeks, tail waters and flat water when casting to working fish Strike Indicator recommend trimming the indicator down to a size 16 dry fly (sometimes even smaller!) - talk about a stealthy presentation! With the sensitivity these wool indicators provide, you will see strikes more quickly and more often.
This wool has natural lanolin, however, go ahead and add a dab of floatant on it at the beginning of the day. The indicator will float all day and casts beautifully – with almost no wind resistance!
- Pleasure to Cast - Light and Natural - Casts like a dry fly
- Floats High - Easy to see - Floats like a cork with a bit of fly floatant
- Lands Gently - Doesn't spook fish
- Very Sensitive to Strikes - Many takes are currently undetectable with hard plastic type indicators
- Trim to Exact Size Required - Wool Indicator will float two size 14 tungsten bead head nymphs or trim small and stealthy
- Bristly - Holds its shape - sheep bred to produce wool with these properties