The Sage 8000 Pro Series Reel is built on the proven and popular design of the 6000 series and beefed up for tackling big-game saltwater species. These reels will stop a truck with their new integrated secondary drag control mechanism that allows quick changes from low to high end drag settings, and super-fine tuning between, allowing for a total of 100 unique drag settings. Two stage drag allows you to simultaneously set a low drag setting for pulling out line while casting out and a high drag setting for when you hook a monster. Completely sealed SCS drag system is impervious to dust, dirt, grit, and salt. The 8000 Pro series is built like a tank, yet light weight.
- Features a robust SCS cassette drag system
- Primary, single-rotation drag knob with numbered settings 1-20
- Secondary drag control mechanism fine-tunes drag resistance, A-E settings
- Innovative quick-change spool mechanism similar to 6000 series
- Broad, concave palming rim for elective fingertip control
- Grooved frame for securing line when not casting